1. Don’t be so attached to your own book idea. Learn what publishers want and need.
2. Introductions and relationships count for everything in the publishing world.
3. Determine WHY you want to write a book before you start seeking an agent or publisher. Your goals will dictate where you look.
4. Think of yourself, the author, as both part of the product and the marketing vehicle.
5. Stellar book proposals are a key part – but not the only part – of selling through your book idea. Learn what editors and agents look for in a book proposal.
Got a question? Email us!