With web-based and smartphone apps, we now have mini video production studios at our fingertips. For authors, this means the ability to easily create video book trailers. A video book trailer is like a movie trailer for your book – a visually compelling promotional tool that can be published and shared in social media.
Here are some easy-to-use web-based and mobile applications that give you the ability to create videos, no high-tech skills required. Continue reading
So you want to write – and publish – a book? We’re here to help. We’ll walk you through the steps of preparing to land a nonfiction book deal. Some things to keep in mind:
1. Don’t be so attached to your own book idea. Learn what publishers want and need.
2. Introductions and relationships count for everything in the publishing world.
3. Determine WHY you want to write a book before you start seeking an agent or publisher. Your goals will dictate where you look.
4. Think of yourself, the author, as both part of the product and the marketing vehicle.
5. Stellar book proposals are a key part – but not the only part – of selling through your book idea. Learn what editors and agents look for in a book proposal.
Got a question? Email us!